About this app
app helps you measure accurately your heart rate in 10 seconds.
Tracking your heart rate can be a great way to monitor your
heart health and the secret to getting fit. The measurement
process is very simple, you are only asked to touch with your
index finger the phone's built-in rear camera. Every time your
heart beats, the amount of blood that reaches the capillaries in
your finger swells and then recedes; because blood absorbs
light, our app is able to capture this flow by using the flash
of your phone's camera to illuminate the skin and create a
Here are the steps
required to get an accurate BPM reading:
1 - Gently place your index finger on the lens of the phone's rear
camera and hold it as still as possible.
2 - Avoid touching the flash light, as it can get very hot when is
3 - Tap the START button and wait 10 seconds, then read the final
4 - This heart rate is accurate within the ACC percentage. In case
the dispersion exceeds 10 percent, shift your finger a little and
repeat the whole process. The waveform must be uniform, having a
regular pattern, as in the figure above.
The normal heart rates
at rest are:
Children (ages 6 - 15) 70 - 100 beats per minute
Adults (age 18 and over) 60 - 100 beats per minute
Keep in mind that many factors can influence heart rate, including:
- Age, fitness and activity levels
- Being a smoker, having cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol or
- Air temperature, body position (standing up or lying down, for
- Emotions, body size, medications
1. Talk with your
doctor about whether it is necessary for you to measure your heart
rate regularly. Heart rate is only one part of the puzzle of total
heart health and fitness.
2. Talk to your doctor if you think you detect:
- a very low pulse rate (under 60, or under 40-50 if you're very
active) at rest
- a very high pulse rate (over 100) at rest or an irregular pulse.
3. Don't rely on the displayed heart rate as an indicator of your
heart health, use a dedicated medical device.
4. Don't make changes to your heart medication based on the heart
rate readings from the app.
-- accurate BPM values
-- up to 100 BPM records
-- short measurement interval
-- simple Start/Stop procedure
-- large graph that shows the heart's rate and rhythm
-- no intrusive ads